Thanksgiving break is almost here and soon perhaps your relatives will be too. Are you looking for some fun family activities for Thanksgiving week? Be sure to swing by the Library and check out more than books, dvds, music, STEM kits, and magazines. We have tons of special events planned for the week.
- Weather permitting, cross the bridge over our ravine and take a story walk through the Highland Park rose garden on Monday, Tuesday, and Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and on Wednesday from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. (Remember, we close at 1:00 p.m. on Wednesday and are closed all day Thursday.)
- Stop by the BigTouch computer screen in the front lobby at 3:00 p.m. on Monday or at 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday to see a Ukulele demonstration, then check out a ukulele and instruction book to bring home.
- Anyone from nine to twelve years old can join us for Minecraft: Block by Block and help build a virtual Highland Park starting with the Library on Monday at 4:00 p.m. (Register here)
- Third graders through seniors in high school are invited to drop by and work on their National Novel Writing Month project at our NaNoWriMo: "Come Write-In" Space from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Monday.
- Drop by Panera Bread at 1853 N. 2nd Street at 9:30 a.m. on Tuesday for a Milk and Cookie Storytime.
- Join us on Black Friday any time from 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. for Stitchcraft: DIY Gift Making and learn how to knit, crochet and finger-weave. We'll have projects and patterns at all skill levels for ages 6 through 14.
- All ages can swing by for Drop-In Chess on Saturday from 10:30 to 12:00 p.m. A chess expert is there to help you improve your game.
- Kids from six to eight can sign up for Saturday's Minecraft Jr. and play on our private server from 11:00 a.m. to 12 noon on Saturday. (Register here)
- If you know anyone from age nine to twelve tell them to come to Minecraft Club and play from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. on Saturday. (Register here)
Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!