Phew! After a brief respite, we're back with our feature, Online Resource of the Week. This week, it's NovelistPlus! Calling all bibliophiles!!!
NovelistPlus and NovelistPlus K-8 are the go-to resources for readers advisory in both fiction and nonfiction. Just some of the things you can do on NovelistPlus:
- Get recommended reads lists based on reader age and subject interest
- Locate author read-alikes
- Get recommendations based on previously-read books
- View lists of award-winning titles
- Create your own account on Novelist, where you can create and save your own lists or authors or titles
- View and save/print lists of book series, so you can make sure you read the series in order and that you haven't missed a title!
Need material for your book club? Novelist also has book discussion guides with brief background material on the author, a summary of the book, and suggested discussion questions.
For teachers, NovelistPlus K-8 offers curriculum-based book lists and annotated bibliographies. And don't miss the book talks and book discussion guides, too, and the picture book "extender" activities you can use for after you read to the kids. NovelistPlus also allows you to search on lexile range.
Even more, NovelistPlus offers an advanced search tool so powerful it goes to 11! You can conduct a search based on an author's nationality and/or cultural identity, publication date range, audience age, grade level, fiction/nonfiction, award-winners, etc. And most books include reviews from such sources as Publisher's Weekly, Booklist, and Library Journal.
How do you access NovelistPlus and NovelistPlus K-9? Go to our Online Resources page and locate the resource under "Books". Or click here to directly access the landing page for NovelistPlus. Enter your HPPL card number, without spaces, and you're in!
Questions about using NovelistPlus or any of our online resources? Call the Reference Desk at 847-681-7031, or email us at email@example.com