Due to appropriation cuts, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and the Illinois Department of Revenue have announced that each is limiting the tax forms that libraries will receive.
The Library has not received IRS or Illinois tax forms as of Jan. 14, 2015. We anticipate the forms will arrive by mid-February.
You can obtain your individual and business tax forms and publications are available in several ways:
- Printing and viewing forms and publications from the IRS or Illinois Department of Revenue web site
- Online ordering of IRS forms and publications. You will receive print copies via U.S. mail. (order early)
- Calling the IRS or Illinois Department of Revenue to order forms and publications. You will receive print copies via U.S. mail. (order early)
- Visiting a local office.
For help in navigating the IRS and Illinois Department of Revenue web sites, printing forms and instructions, or online ordering of forms and publications, please ask a Reference Librarian.
IRS Tax Forms for Individuals and Businesses
The IRS announced that print tax forms available to libraries have been reduced because "IRS appropriations were significantly cut by the 2015 Omnibus Appropriations bill recently passed by Congress".
The Library will receive limited quantitives of the following forms and publications:
- Forms 1040, 1040A, and 1040EZ
- Publication 17 (one reference copy)
- Reproducible forms and publications
The Library will not receive the 1040, 1040A, and 1040EZ instruction booklets or any other forms, instructions and publications.
IRS.gov Print and view forms, instructions, and publications online
IRS.gov/orderforms Online ordering of IRS forms, instructions and publications for individuals and businesses. You will receive print copies via U.S. mail.(order early)
(800) 829-3676 Call the IRS to order print forms, instructions, and publications. You will receive print copies via U.S. mail. (order early)
Visit an IRS Office (Monday - Friday from 8:30 am- 4:30 pm)
- 230 S. Dearborn St., Chicago, IL 60604, (312) 292-4912
- 5100 River Rd., Schiller Park, IL 60176, (847) 737-6688
Illinois Department of Revenue Tax Forms for Individuals and Businesses
The Illinois Department of Revenue will supply the Library with the 1040 forms and instruction booklets. All other forms, schedules, and instructions are available online.
Tax.Illinois.gov Print and view forms, schedules and instructions online
Calling the Illinois Department of Revenue to order forms and instructions. You will receive print copies via U.S. mail. (Monday-Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm)
- Individuals: (800) 732-8866 or (217) 782-3336
- TTD: (800) 544-5304
- Business Hot Line: (217) 524-4772
Visit an Illinois Department of Revenue Office (Monday-Friday from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm)
- James R. Thompson Center, Concourse Level, 100 W. Randolph St., Chicago, IL 60601, (800) 732-8866
- Maine North Regional Building, 9511 Harrison Ave., Des Plaines, IL 60016, (847) 294-4200
Need additional help?
AARP Foundation Tax-Aide is available free to taxpayers with low and moderate income, with special attention to those 60 and older.
- Patty Turner Center, 375 Elm St., Deerfield, IL 60015, (847) 572-2652. Appointment required.
- North Shore Senior Center, 161 Northfield Rd., Northfield, IL 60093, (847) 784-6025. Appointment required.
IRS Tax Payer Advocate Service: Call (312) 292-3800 in Chicago.
Concerns about the IRS and Illinois Department of Revenue appropriations?
Please direct your concerns to your Congressional or Illinois General Assembly delegations.
- Senator Dick Durbin, 711 Hart Senate Office Building, Washington DC 20510, (202) 224-2152 or (312) 353-4952, online contact form.
- Senator Mark Kirk, 524 Hart Senate Office Building, Washington DC 20510, (202) 224-2854 or (312) 886-3506, online contact form.
- Representative Bob Dold, 221 Cannon House Office Building, Washington DC 20515, (202) 225-4835, online contact form.
Illinois General Assembly Delegation:
- Senator Julie Morrison, 119B Capitol Building, Springfield IL 62706, (217) 782-3650 or (847) 945-5200.
- Representative Scott Drury, 250-W Stratton Office Building, Springfield IL 62706, (217) 782-0902 or (847) 681-8580