Did you know we have a fun, fast and easy language learning program called Mango Languages? The best part is it's free and you can access it anywhere there is Internet with your library card. Mango is the easiest and most effective way to learn to speak a foreign language. Learn more about Mango Languages here.
Reference and Research
- Show you how to use electronic resources
- Assist you in obtaining materials from other libraries
- Guide you through the overwhelming sources of information on the Internet
- Help you identify books and journals appropriate to your subject
From the Reference Desk
One of our newer online resources is Universal Class, which offers over 500 online continuing education classes. The classes meet online, at your convenience, with a real instructor. Classes cover a wide varierty of subjects: computers, business, arts & photography, crafts, GED prep, health & medicine, writing help, homeschooling, and more!
Classes are available in a diverse range of subjects including computers, business, home & garden, health and medicine, hobbies, and more. View a listing of class topics.
Step 1: Go to the sign up page to create your account with your user name and password.
Step 2: Go to http://highlandparkil.universalclass.com to enroll in your class and start learning!
• You are welcome to enroll in up to 5 courses.
• You have up to 6 months to finish each course
• You have access to your course 24/7 via the Internet.
• Attend class and do assignments on your schedule.
• Each course has a real instructor who you may communicate with using e-mail.
note: These are non-credit courses and are provided for your personal enrichment. These courses are not intended to be a substitute for any state, government, licensing, or educational requirements.