MyMediaMall is a great way to check out audiobooks, ebooks, and videos 24/7 without ever leaving home. Digital books and videos can be downloaded to a personal computer, and enjoyed on a wide range of portable devices, including MP3 players, IPods, smartphones, and ereaders, including the Amazon Kindle.
What you need
-An Internet-connected computer (Windows or Mac).
-A Highland Park Public Library Card.
-If you want to read or listen on the go, an e-reader or portable music player.
MyMediaMall is easy to use, and available anytime!
1. Go to www.mymediamall.net.
2. Click on "Sign in" and choose "Highland Park Public Library" from the dropdown box
3. Enter your library card number (no spaces)
4. You can search for a specific title by entering it in the Quick Search box on the upper left of the page or browse for items by category using the links on the lower left of the page.
5. Check out digital material or place a hold on an item if all copies are checked out.
6. Download checked out digital material.
7. Read, view, listen, transfer the title to your portable device, or burn it to a CD. The choice is yours.
Don't have an MP3 player? Borrow one from the Library.
Guide to Other Readers (e.g., Sony, Nook)
e-audiobooks come in MP3 or WMA - What's the difference?
Using an iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, Android, BlackBerry or Windows Mobile Device for audiobooks?
You'll need the Mobile Overdrive Media console or app specific to your device. Then check out the detailed instructions above.
First, try My Media Mall's excellent "My Help!" feature, located on their homepage.
Still Confused? Call the Reference Desk for help at 847-681-7031 or email us.