Information & Reader Services
The tax forms have arrived! The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has supplied the Library with a limited number of the 1040, 1040A, and 1040EZ forms and booklets. These are the only forms and booklets we will receive. The Illinois Department of Revenue has supplied us with 1040 forms, 1040 booklets (27), and Schedule ICR forms and instructions. How can you obtain forms from the IRS and Illinois Department of Revenue? More...
IRS Tax Forms for Individuals and Small Businesses
The Library will receive the following forms:
- 1040 forms and instruction booklets
- 1040A forms and instruction booklets
- 1040EZ forms and instruction booklets
- IRS Reproducible forms
How to obtain IRS forms, instructions, and publications
- www.IRS.gov: View and print forms, instructions, and publications.
- www.IRS.gov/orderforms: Order your individual and business forms, instructions, and publications and receive paper copies via U.S. Mail.
- www.IRS.gov/orderforms/ebooks: Free downloadable ebook version of popular tax publications and instruction booklets. Publication 17.
- Call (800) 829-3676: To order print forms, instruction, and publications to receive paper copies via U.S. Mail.
Visit an IRS Office (Monday- Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.)
- 230 S. Dearborn St., Chicago IL 60604 - (312) 292-4912
- 5100 River Rd., Schiller Park IL 60176 - (847) 737-6688
Need additional help? Call the IRS
- Individuals - (800) 829-1040
- People with Hearing Impairments - (800) 829-4059
- Businesses - (800) 829-4933
File your federal taxes for free, if your adjusted income is under $64,000. If your adjusted income is over $64,000, take advantage of the "free file fillable forms" to avoid mathematical mistakes.
- Moraine Township: Call for an appointment (847) 780-6644. From February 1 through April 8, Moraine Township will offer free assistance to low-and-moderate-income taxpayers filing their 2016 income tax returns through the IRS VITA Program (Voluntary Income Tax Assistance). Volunteers are trained and certified by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to prepare basic returns for taxpayers earning less than $55,000 in 2016. Appointments will take place in the Moraine Township Office, 777 Central Avenue, Highland Park, and are available mornings, afternoons, and evenings, Monday to Thursday and Saturdays 9 AM to 12 PM. Walk-in hours are Saturday 9 AM to 12 PM.
- AARP Foundation Tax Aide is available free to taxpayers with low and moderate income, with special attention to those 60 and older.
- IRS Tax Payer Advocate Service: Call (312) 292-3800 in Chicago.
Illinois Department of Revenue Tax Forms for Individuals and Small Businesses
How to Obtain Illinois Tax Forms
- Tax.Illinois.gov: View and print forms, instructions, and publications. File online.
- Call The Illinois Department of Revenue (Monday- Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.) to receive paper copies of the forms and instructions via U.S. Mail.
- Forms Order Line: (800) 356-6302
- TTD: (800) 544-5304
- Assistance for Individuals: (800) 732-8866 or (217) 782-3336
- Business Hot Line: (217) 524-4772
Visit an Illinois Department of Revenue Office (Monday- Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.)
- James R. Thompson Center, Concourse Level, 100 W. Randolph St., Chicago, IL 60601, (800) 732-8866
- Maine North Regional Building, 9511 Harrison Ave., Des Plaines, IL 60016, (847) 294-4200
Moraine Township offers help for elderly and low income tax filers. Call for an appointment (847) 780-6644. From February 1 through April 8. Township office is located at 777 Central Avenue, Highland Park IL.
Need Additional Help?
For help in navigating the IRS and Illinois Department of Revenue web sites, printing forms, or online ordering of forms and instructions, please ask an Information & Reader Services Librarian or call (847) 681-7031.