The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and Illinois Department of Revenue will supply the Library with a limited number of 1040 forms and instruction booklets. We have received the forms and instructions from both the IRS and Illinois Department of Revenue. (2/10/16)
IRS Tax Forms for Individuals and Small Businesses
The Library will receive the following forms:
- 1040 forms and instruction booklets
- 1040A forms and instruction booklets
- 1040EZ forms and instruction booklets
- Publication 17 (one Reference copy)
- IRS Reproducible forms
How to obtain IRS forms, instructions, and publications
- www.IRS.gov: View and print forms, instructions, and publications.
- www.IRS.gov/orderforms: Order your individual and business forms, instructions, and publications and receive paper copies via U.S. Mail.
- www.IRS.gov/orderforms/ebooks: Free downloadable ebook version of popular tax publications and instruction booklets.
- Call (800) 829-3676: To order print forms, instruction, and publications to receive paper copies via U.S. Mail.
Visit an IRS Office (Monday- Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.)
- 230 S. Dearborn St., Chicago IL 60604 - (312) 292-4912
- 5100 River Rd., Schiller Park IL 60176 - (847) 737-6688
- Moraine Township: Call for an appointment (847) 780-6644. From February 1 through April 9, Moraine Township will offer free assistance to low-and-moderate-income taxpayers filing their 2015 income tax returns through the IRS VITA Program (Voluntary Income Tax Assistance).
- AARP Foundation Tax Aide is available free to taxpayers with low and moderate income, with special attention to those 60 and older.
- IRS Tax Payer Advocate Service: Call (312) 292-3800 in Chicago.
Illinois Department of Revenue Tax Forms for Individuals and Small Businesses
The Library will receive limited number of the Illinois 1040 form and instruction booklets, and Schedule ICR.
How to Obtain Illinois Tax Forms
- Tax.Illinois.gov: View and print forms, instructions, and publications. File online.
- Call The Illinois Department of Revenue (Monday- Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.) to receive paper copies of the forms and instructions via U.S. Mail.
- Forms Order Line: (800) 356-6302
- TTD: (800) 544-5304
- Assistance for Individuals: (800) 732-8866 or (217) 782-3336
- Business Hot Line: (217) 524-4772
Visit an Illinois Department of Revenue Office (Monday- Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.)
- James R. Thompson Center, Concourse Level, 100 W. Randolph St., Chicago, IL 60601, (800) 732-8866
- Maine North Regional Building, 9511 Harrison Ave., Des Plaines, IL 60016, (847) 294-4200
Need Additional Help?
For help in navigating the IRS and Illinois Department of Revenue web sites, printing forms, or online ordering of forms and instructions, please ask an Information & Reader Services Librarian or call (847) 681-7031.