- Library Catalog
- Archives & Local History
- Strategic Plan 2019 - 2021
- Library News
- Current Newsletter
- Get a Library Card
- Get Tech Help
- Wireless Printing
- Digital Media Lab
- Museum Passes
- About Us
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
New Hoopla and Kanopy Monthly Checkout Limits
As of August 31, 2019, the monthly checkout limits for hoopla digital and Kanopy have been reduced to 3 checkouts per user per platform.
We understand that this is a disappointing change for some users, but it is necessary due to overwhelming demand and the hoopla and Kanopy pricing model. Both hoopla and Kanopy are pay-per-use services, which means that the Highland Park Public Library is charged every time a cardholder checks out an item. As hoopla and Kanopy have grown in popularity, they have been using an unsustainable portion of our materials budget.
We are exploring what options we can add to provide access to the types of content available on hoopla and Kanopy. We already have the following downloadable options for you to explore:
Digital Library of Illinois (Overdrive, and the Libby app) - Downloadable eBooks and eAudio books for all ages
RB Digital - eMagazines
Alexander Street Classical Music Library - A streaming audio collection of choral works, symphonies, operas, and the avant-garde
Alexander Street Contemporary World Music - A streaming audio collection of contemporary and traditional world music recordings
Tumblebooks Library for Kids - eBooks, readalongs, nonfiction, videos, language learning, puzzles and games for the youngest readers
Gale Virtual Reference Library - Nonfiction eBooks to support research and education
Mango Languages - Mango prepares learners for realistic conversations and communication in over 70 world languages
All online databases available to Highland Park Public Library cardholders can be found here.
2019 Property Assessments
Property owners in Lake County will be receiving their 2019 property tax assessment notices soon. The Moraine Township Assessments are scheduled to be published in the Highland Park News and the West Deerfield Township Assessments are scheduled to be published in the Deerfield Review on
October 3, 2019 October 10, 2019. Property owners will have 30 days from the publication date to appeal their property assessment.
Property Tax Help
Moraine Township: The Deadline to file an appeal of 2019 Moraine Township property assessments is Tuesday November 12. 2019. Moraine Township Assessor office will be open additional hours to assist residents. No appointment is necessary. Mark Lindsay. 800 Central Avenue, Highland Park IL 60035. (847) 432-2100. Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday, November 9 from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Monday, November 11 from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
The Lake County Assessor's Office will be holding property tax one-on-one help sessions at the University Center of Lake County, Room 211, 1200 University Center Drive, Grayslake IL.
- Wednesdays September 25, October 2, October 9, October 16, and October 23 from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Saturdays September 28, October 5, October 12, and October 19 from 9:00 a.m. to noon.
- Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., property owners can visit the Chief Lake County Assessment Office (18 N. County St.) for property tax help (no appointment necessary).
The 2019 tax property tax appeals must be done electronically through the Appeals Portal. The property owner should contact their local township assessor's office to discuss their concerns before filing an appeal.
- Lake County Assessor: Chief Assessment Officer Robert Glueckert's office is located at 18 N. County St., 7th Floor, Waukegan IL 60085. (847) 377-2050. Monday though Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Moraine Township Assessor: Mark Lindsay. 800 Central Avenue, Highland Park IL 60035. (847) 432-2100. Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- West Deerfield Township Assessor: Tom Healey. 601 Deerfield Road, Deerfield IL 60015. (847) 945-0614. Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.