Proctoring services are available to all students, without residency restriction. A photo ID is required to verify identity. There is no fee for Highland Park residents. A $25.00 per exam fee is required for non-residents.
1. The Library will provide mailing envelopes. Library will pay first class postage and mail the test on the next business day following the day that the test was administered. The Library does not provide for certified or registered mail, express mail, or other special handling requirements. Library is not responsible for exams that may be lost during mail delivery. The library will pay charges for exams returned to the testing institution via facsimile within the U.S.
2. Tests will be administered by appointment made with the Information & Reader Services department, except no exams will be administered during first ½ hour and last 1 hour during library hours. Reference staff may cancel the appointment due to unplanned staffing limits. Every effort will be made to reschedule the appointment within the testing period. A student's failure to keep the appointment or late arrival may also risk cancellation. Students are responsible for contacting the library to schedule an appointment and for completing the exam within the time allowed by scheduling and library hours.
3. No more than two tests will be proctored simultaneously. Exams must be taken in the Adult Services Room at the tables in front of the Information and Reader Services desk or in Meeting Room 2. The library does not guarantee a quiet environment.
4. Unsolicited tests (tests mailed directly to the library as a testing site, but with no advance contact by the student) will be held for up to two weeks in the wire basket at the Information & Reader Services desk. It is not the responsibility of the library to identify or contact the student.
5. If exam conditions established by the testing institution require quiet, close observation, or other conditions that the Library is unable to meet, the testing institution will be notified. The Library will complete letters or proctoring forms required by the testing institution, however, individual reference librarians will not provide personal or confidential information in order to qualify as proctors.
6. Grading of tests or associated administrative record keeping will not be performed as part of the proctoring service.
For more information, contact the Information and Reader Services desk at 847-681-7031 or email@example.com.