We are excited to announce upcoming changes to our catalog and our checkout policies that will enrich your library experience. We thank you for your patience and welcome your feedback as we navigate these changes.
What to Expect: April 14-16
- Bring your library card with you when you visit! We may be unable to look up your account.
- You will be able to check out materials from our shelves and from our digital collection (eBooks, etc).
- You can return materials to the library but they will remain on your account until we are on the new system.
- Our catalog might not be up to date during the transition. Call us if you would like an item pulled from the shelf for you.
- You will be unable to place holds, but you can call us to be put on a hold list as needed.
- You will not be able to log into your account on our catalog during this time or pay overdue fines online.
- You will not be able to log into our website to view your account, sign up for events, or book rooms.
New Catalog Features
- A better, faster browsing experience. The new catalog is optimized for phones and tablets, making it great for on-the-go browsing.
- Your materials will renew 3 days before they are due, if there are no holds on the item, up to 2 times. You’ll also receive a courtesy reminder when your materials can no longer be automatically renewed. Hot Pick Collection items and 2-Day movies can never be renewed.
- Choose how you receive notifications: phone call, email, and text messages are all available options.
- You can pick up materials at any of the 24 libraries within our consortium.
- Keep track of what you want to read and watch with the My Lists feature, or opt-in to save your checkout history to revisit old favorites.
- You can see a map of where other items are located if our copy is checked out with the Map It feature.
- When you have overdue items, you can get an estimate on how much you owe with the fine estimator.
- Change the catalog to another language to make searching easier for non-English users.
Your Reading History
- If you currently track your reading history through your Library account, it will not transfer to our new catalog.
- You may have your reading history emailed to you in advance of the change over.